We are accepting nominations for individuals and families in the Central Texas area that are experiencing financial hardship. Complete the form below to make a nomination through 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 3.
Donations to schools, churches, non-profits, and individuals in need are made possible by members of The Cares Alliance:
About the Community Vote
The Cares Alliance was founded to bless others while building needs awareness and an opportunity for the community to give back. We want to be a force for good, bringing the community together to help those in need. To achieve these goals, we hold Community Voting Initiatives (CVI) during which we solicit nominations and voting participation from the community. Each CVI is focused on a sector of the community, including:
- non-profits, churches and mission groups
- individuals and families in need
How The Cares Alliance Community Voting Initiative (CVI) Works:
- A CVI is announced and nominations are taken from the community online.
- The Cares Alliance Board of Directors selects three to five finalists (dependent on funds available) from community nominations based on need, stories/background, and the community impact per that period’s CVI.
- Online voting opens to the community the following month. Voters must vote only once for one finalist and are encouraged to rally friends and family for the recipient they wish to receive the largest donation.
- A check presentation ceremony is held, where each finalist receives a portion of the funds allocated for that period (currently $9,000) based on their ranking from the community votes.