Cast Your Vote!
The June community voting period is now open.
The five individuals below are friends and neighbors in Central Texas facing various financial hardships. We need you to vote for the individual that you want to receive the largest donation from The Cares Alliance. We’ll be giving away $9,000 which will be divided among the five nominees in portions based on their final ranking in the community voting initiative. You may only vote once and for one individual. Voting closes at midnight CST on June 30.
- Angela Wood
- Anthony Morales
- [Name Withheld] Mom Fighting Uphill Battle
- Mark Rhoades
- Michael VanCleave
Click Here to read their stories and cast your vote. Thank you for helping us care for our community!
Donations made possible by Members of The Cares Alliance:
About the Community Vote
The Cares Alliance was founded to bless others while building needs awareness and a safe opportunity for the community to give back as well. We want to be a force for good in the world, serving others and bringing the community together to help those in need. To achieve these goals, we regularly hold Community Voting Initiatives (CVI) during which we solicit nominations and voting participation from the community.
Each CVI is focused on a different vital sector of the community, including:
- charities, non-profits, churches and mission groups
- individuals and families in need
- local schools
How The Cares Alliance Community Voting Initiative (CVI) Works:
- A new CVI is announced and nominations are taken from the community through online submission for a 3-week period.
- The Cares Alliance Board votes and selects three to five finalists (dependent on total donation funds available) from community nominations based on need, stories/background, and the community impact per that period’s CVI.
- Online voting is open to the community for the entire following month and promoted through social and traditional media channels. Voters must vote only once and for one finalist but are encouraged to rally friends and family for the cause/recipient they wish to receive the largest portion of the donations.
- A check presentation ceremony is held a few weeks after voting closes, where each nominee receives a portion of the funds allocated for that period’s CVI (currently $9,000) and based on their final ranking. The first place recipient receives the largest portion and so on…
- A new set of nominees is collected for the next announced CVI.